Search Engine Optimisation
What is SEO?
Everyone knows that if you are able to achieve high rankings in Google’s Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS), they can become a rich and profitable source of business.
Many small businesses have been able to use them to good effect. Ranking highly because they often sell into specialised niche markets sometimes making their website more relevant than bigger, more powerful competitors.
The process of making your website pages search engine friendly is called search engine optimisation, or SEO for short.
SEO is a complicated process that requires:
- Technical skills to ensure Google can crawl your site easily
- Analytics skills to identify which pages you should optimise and for which keywords
- Creative expertise to develop engaging content
- Tenacity to generate external inbound links
- Dedication, because it takes months to deliver results
And you can’t cheat.
All Google wants is for you to create great content. It doesn’t like you gaming the system and will punish you if you do.
How we help
There is no “silver bullet” solution to winning high rankings. You have to work hard and give it time. Getting a link onto page 1 will take at least 3 months, even if you are established in a specialist field with a low level of competition.
That is why we provide a service that sets out to achieve two goals.
- It uses data-driven planning to ensure that the time is not wasted trying to achieve the impossible.
- It enables our customers to use the deep understanding they have of their businesses, to make their listings accurate and compelling.
To achieve this we use the following process
Audit & Planning
SEO takes time and patience which makes it expensive.That is why we start by identifying:
- How well your website is already ranking
- Identifying the potential benefit of achieving high rankings
- Estimating what the cost / benefit ratio will be of achieving them will be. Right from the start you need to set some realistic goals.
The planning process includes a technical review to ensure that your web site is fully integrated with Google Analytics and Google Search Console and the necessary code is present on all the pages.
It is important not to assume that SEO is the answer to your problem.
If you have a brand-new website or operate in a very competitive market, then finding your niche using highly targeted-pay-per click advertising campaigns might be more cost-effective.
Keyword Analysis: We identify the keywords that offer the best opportunities for ranking highly and can generate enough traffic to make your investment worthwhile.
On-Page Optimisation: We help you to create great content that your visitors and Google will love and ensure that the content and meta-tags are optimally configured
Off-Page Optimisation: We help you to build external links to your website using a range of strategies, all of which follow best practice.
Regular Reporting: We review progress once a month or once every two weeks.
All of our services include regular conference calls to review progress and plan further work. These can be face-to-face for customers based in Surrey and Sussex.